Record Sales for Advion’s Single Quadrupole Compact Mass Spectrometer
ITHACA, N.Y., January 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Advion, Inc., a leading systems and consumables developer for the life sciences industry, announced that, during the year ending December 31, 2017, it had reached several major milestones:
- Advion sold nearly 60 (58 actual) Compact Mass Spectrometer (CMS) units per quarter
- The company approached 750 CMS units shipped, with the milestone 700th order having been received from Japan, demonstrating the product’s global appeal
- Nearly 30 CMS units were sold in Japan during 2017 – a testament to excellent market reach and channel penetration
- Demand for the product continues to accelerate, with direct sales and support operations in China contributing 9 unit sales in Q4 2017
- Based upon publicly available industry association data, Advion’s single quadrupole mass spec is now one of the top three best-selling Chromatography/Mass Spec solutions in many developed western and Asian countries.
Commenting on the landmarks, Advion’s CEO David B. Patteson stated, “Having launched the expression CMS product line about four years ago, we are exceedingly happy with the market adoption and product adaptation. In 2012-2013, we quickly realized 10 units per quarter, and in 2017 approached 60/quarter. We recently launched our own (U)HPLC system, with full integration into our streamlined Mass Express software, and artfully combined with our popular TLC-CMS and ASAP sample introduction systems. This allows a chemist to select, via software, which modality they desire, touch a screen icon and the setups and changeovers between operations are automatic.”
Based upon publicly disclosed unit volumes from competitors, it is believed Advion enjoys >90% market share in the synthetic organic, natural product and peptide discovery chemistry deployed lab mass spec market.
About Advion, Inc.
Advion develops, manufactures and globally supports mass spectrometers, chip-based ion sources, microfluidic flow chemistry systems and consumables for life science and related industries. We seek to enhance analysis performance and workflows. Using our deep scientific and engineering knowledge of mass spectrometry and microfludics, we leverage our passionate employees’ commitment to create quality, flexible and fit-for-purpose solutions. More about Advion, Inc. can be found on our website, www.advion.com.
For Advion, Inc.
Director of Marketing