Potent Solutions for Your Budding Lab
Integrated Solutions for Potency and Safety with the expression Compact Mass Spectrometer and AVANT (U)HPLC
Advion provides integrated laboratory solutions for comprehensive cannabis testing, including potency testing and cannabinoid levels as well as pesticide identification.
The expression family of compact mass spectrometers (CMS) was developed with maximum versatility in mind. They allow users to switch rapidly between the many different sample introduction techniques required throughout an analyst’s workflow; from simple direct probe analysis to ultra-high performance liquid chromatography and prep-scale purification, offering a robust family of cannabis analysis solutions.
Cannabinoid Testing for Quality Control and Rapid Screening
ASAP/CMS provides a simple, sensitive and selective sample introduction approach to measure the presence of two isobaric compounds, CBDA and THCA, contained in a complex sample such as hemp or cannabis plants or their corresponding extraction products. The expression CMS with ASAP probe provides:
- A method to determine the relative composition of CBDA and THCA in hemp and marijuana plants using the ion current abundance differences in their respective precursor/fragment ion transitions (m/z 341 to m/z 261).
- A simple, sensitive and selective sample technique.
- A simple, high-throughput screening approach to potentially differentiate hemp and marijuana or possibly other cannabis strains.
Optimize Your Harvest with LC/CMS
LC/CMS with selected ion monitoring (SIM) provides quantification of cannabinoids to help determine the optimal harvest timing. It is also used for measurement of pesticide levels.
- Use LC/CMS for CBDA, THCA, CBD, THC and CBN to determine when to harvest for optimal yield.
- Quantify pesticides using the industry standard testing method, LC/CMS.
Detect CBN, CBD and THC
The Plate Express TLC plate reader can provide push-button analysis of a TLC plate, extract the compounds present and transport them to the expression CMS for rapid analysis. The CMS offers a fast scan speed, on-line polarity switching and in-source CID, generating valuable information in the analysis of natural products.