Mode 3: Liquid Extraction Surface Analysis (LESA®)
Liquid Extraction Surface Analysis (LESA) is the newest mode of operation for the TriVersa NanoMate, an automated chip-based nanoelectrospray source for mass spectrometry. Developed in collaboration with Oak Ridge National Laboratory, LESA enables simple, direct nanoESI mass spectrometric analysis from a variety of surfaces.
- Speed & Simplicity – no sample preparation
- More Information – long, stable and efficient Nano ESI
- Sensitivity – lower detection limits than other surface analysis techniques
Analyze direct from any surface with extractable analytes such as:
- Thin tissue sections (Whole body or single organ)
- Dried blood spots (DBS)
- Medical device surfaces
- Plant materials
- Analyze MALDI plates for complementary information by ESI
- Polymer surfaces
The LESA capability is available as an upgrade to all previously installed TriVersa NanoMates as well as an option on new purchases, and is compatible with the majority of mass spectrometers.