Mode 2: LC/MS with Fraction Collection for Re-Analysis by Infusion
Mode 2 was developed to operate the system as a nano-ESI ion source for LC/MS applications. In addition, excess LC eluate can be utilized for fraction collection to create a physical storage of the LC/MS experiment and allow re-analysis of fractions of interest as identified by the online LC/MS run.
Mode 2 is ideally suited for researchers interested in metabolite identification, biomarker analysis, and protein characterization or any application that requires more time for analysis than what is allowed during conventional liquid chromatography MS analysis.
Users can couple any conventional HPLC system to the TriVersa NanoMate® LESA® for MS analysis (optional RAD or UV detectors can also be utilized). The effluent is split post column with a small portion directed to the Advion ESI Chip® for ionization and LC/MS analysis while the remainder of the split effluent is collected into a multi-well plate. The chromatogram is thereby “stored” for future analysis with each fraction assigned a timestamp of the LC/MS analysis. Following LC/MS, the researcher is able to select fractions of interest for more in-depth analysis via Infusion MSn.
- Metabolite Identification
- Protein Biomarker Discovery
- QA/QC of Antibodies
- Top-down/bottom-up Proteomics
- Protein PTM analysis
- More time across an LC/MS peak for more information from complex samples
- Qualitative and quantitative information from a single LC/MS run
- Integration with RAD or UV detectors and external fraction collectors for increased workflow flexibility