for academic chemistry
Developed for chemistry students to gain industry-relevant mass spectrometry skills.
Advion offers a plug and play, compact, single quadrupole mass spectrometer designed specifically with the academic chemistry laboratory in mind. When teaching undergraduates the basics of chemistry, it is important to keep the spark of learning alive. The expressionE CMS takes learning to a new level with hands-on, real-time analysis.
The education bundle includes:
- expressionE CMS
- Teaching curriculum
- Installation and training
- Interface of choice: Direct injection, Direct Analysis Probe (ASAP), TLC or LC
Curriculum: Mass Spectrometry for Chemistry Students
Developed by Cornell Professor Emeritus, Jack Henion, PhD along with leading chemistry departments, the course curriculum focuses on key topics relevant to students interested in continuing down an academic path as well as industry or government.
A program of videos and lectures introducing mass spectrometry techniques to chemists.
- An Introduction to Mass Spectrometry
- Direct syringe injection (Flow Injection Analysis)
- Direct sampling probe (ASAP)
- TLC Mass Analysis
- Other liquid introduction mass spectrometry applications and techniques