More sensitivity than LC/MS/MS for metabolite identification and detection of low level, active or toxic metabolites.
- Characterize “hot” radio-labeled LC fractions
- Obtain structural information on trace-level metabolites by infusing collected HPLC fractions
- Low flow rates enable signal averaging for improved signal-to-noise
- Rapidly switch between mass spectrometer scan options to obtain positive ion, precursor ion, neutral loss scanning or MSn analysis as well as accurate mass
- Faster analysis cycle than LC-MS, allows for large scale population screening e.g. inborn errors of metabolism