Mode 3: Liquid Extraction Surface Analysis (LESA®)
Liquid Extraction Surface Analysis (LESA) is the newest mode of operation for the TriVersa NanoMate, an automated chip-based nanoelectrospray source for mass spectrometry. Developed in collaboration with Oak Ridge National Laboratory, LESA enables simple, direct nanoESI mass spectrometric analysis from a variety of surfaces.
- Speed & Simplicity – no sample preparation
- More Information – long, stable ESI
- Sensitivity – lower detection limits than other surface analysis techniques
Analyze direct from any surface with extractable analytes such as:
- Thin tissue sections
- TLC plates and other planar separation media
- Dried blood spots (DBS) on paper
- Analyze MALDI plates for complementary information by ESI
The LESA capability is available as an upgrade to all previously installed TriVersa NanoMates as well as an option on new purchases, and is compatible with the majority of mass spectrometers.